aawsat - 1/12/2019 5:00:22 PM - GMT (+2 )
The control center was converted from a Yemeni telecommunications company seized by the Houthi militia, according to the coalition.
The coalition said that the destruction of the center complied with the international laws, stressing that targeting the center neutralizes the terrorist operations of the Houthi militia and achieves regional and international security.
On Thursday, a Houthi drone attacked a Yemeni government military parade in al-Anad airbase, in Lahj, killing four soldiers and injuring 20 others.
Medical sources in Aden told Asharq al-Awsat that the injuries of a number of army leaders, including the chief of staff Abdullah al-Nakhai, his deputy and the commander of the fourth military region are all minor and that there is no risk to their lives.
The United States and the United Nations on Monday expressed concern over the escalation of violence in Yemen, calling for restraint.
The US State Department strongly condemned the Houthi attack on a military parade.
Deputy spokesperson Robert Palladino said the attack contravenes the spirit of Hodeidah ceasefire and the progress made last month at the UN-led talks in Sweden.
“We urge all sides to honor the commitments they made in Sweden to their fellow Yemenis by refraining from violence and provocative acts.”
In tweets posted overnight Thursday, UN envoy Martin Griffiths urged all parties to Yemen's protracted conflict to exercise restraint.
Griffiths said he was "alarmed by [Thursday] escalation of violence in Yemen" and urged all parties to exercise restraint, maintain momentum toward the resumption of the peace process, and "create a conducive environment to maintain the positive momentum generated" in Sweden.
The UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs also called for more international pressure on Yemen's Houthi rebels after the drone attack.
The "murderous drone attack tells you everything you need about the Houthis. Peace negotiations are a tactic to them, not a commitment," Anwar Gargash tweeted.
"464 ceasefire violations, 36 killed & 318 wounded since Stockholm agreement. The international community must increase pressure," he said, blaming Houthis for the slow progress of peace efforts
Saudi Ambassador to Yemen Mohammed Al Jaber described the Houthi attack as a “terrorist” operation, saying in a tweet that the operation carried out confirmed that Iran continues to transfer its experience to terrorist militias in the region and the world.
Jaber noted that this is a dangerous indicator of the growing capabilities of terrorist groups backed by the Iranian regime, which is spreading terror from the region to Europe.
In turn, the British ambassador to Yemen, Michael Aron, condemned the Houthi attack on Anad base which killed and injured several Yemenis.
He tweeted that an escalation anywhere in Yemen "goes against the spirit of the Stockholm agreement."